Prices for conference participation, accommodation and meals:
- Reduced fees (300€) and scholarships (no registration charge): see information below!
- Early registration for ESSSAT or ISSR members (before December 31, 2017)
- 450 €
- Early registration for non-members (before December 31, 2017)
- 500 €
- ESSSAT or ISSR members registering after December 31, 2017
- 500 €
- Non-members registering after December 31, 2017
- 550 €
Information on reduced fees and scholarships:
Those registering at the reduced rate will receive free ESSSAT membership for one year. Scholarship recipients and those participating at the reduced rate will be in shared accommodation (2 or 3 persons per room). UCLy faculty members may attend the conference for free but pay for their own meals and pay for their own accommodation.
ESSSAT offers a limited number of scholarships to enable participation in ECST XVII.
1. Reduced fee (300€) for students and non-established scholars
Students from European countries and/or studying at a European University with a recommendation which may be sent as an email attachment signed by their professors and who present a paper at the conference may register at a reduced rate of 300€. The reduction is granted only after the recommendation is received by the Secretary. Students should register as a regular conference participant, and send only the recommendation (not the registration) to the Secretary. Non-established scholars (who are not permanent university faculty members) may also apply in this category and should contact the Secretary for further information.
2. Scholarships for Conference Participation
There are also scholarships for students (up to doctoral level) available to cover registration fee and/or accommodation and/or travel expenses (occasionally). Applications will be considered from those submitting a paper, who are registered at an European institution and who demonstrate financial need. Students from outside Europe in similar circumstances may be considered but preference will be given to those studying in Europe.
The criteria used in selecting scholarship recipients are:
Age, academic status and place of residence together with
Active participation in the field of Science and Religion and/or
Active participation in the Conference such as the submission of a paper and
Applications should include:
- The applicant’s name and e-mail address
- An indication of what scholarship is applied for
· A short CV stating academic status, age, residence and involvement in the field of Science and Religion
- The provisional title of the submitted outline of a paper
· A short statement of reasons connected to financial circumstances
We strongly encourage applicants to look for additional support to cover participation, especially travel expenses.
Applications should be sent to the Secretary of ESSSAT no later than October 31st 2017. Applicants will be informed on the evaluation of the application in December 2017.
Electronic submissions by e-mail to: email@example.com.
European Society for the Study of Science and Theology
Lotta Knutsson Bråkenhielm
The Theological Faculty, Uppsala University
751 20 UPPSALA